Societal Thinking: Pathway to exponential change (Part-1)
Societal Thinking: Pathway to exponential change (Part-1), Solving together, at scale.
Social problems are large, complex and tend to grow much faster than our individual ability to solve them. Societal Thinking provides a set of values and design principles to reimagine and redesign the core interactions between key actors of society in a way that induces exponential change.
“ Exponential change ~ when every change induces more and rapid changes”
Societal Thinking enables:
- Radical Inclusion: by reimagining how the key actors of the society (like communities, markets, government, civil society) interact with each other
- Enhanced Ability to solve: by creating assets & infrastructure that are open & accessible by all
- Diverse Solutions: by designing spaces that allow everyone to solve in the way that works best for them
Societal Thinking has manifested in a variety of ways to induce exponential change:
- as blueprints that help governments reimagine the development narrative
- as reusable building blocks (like legos) that can be used in many different combinations to accelerate the rate of building a solution
- as Societal Platforms, audacious endeavours (e.g. quality healthcare for all) that accelerates social change at population scale by building open technology, inspiring co-creation and orchestrating ecosystems.
Just as a thousand mice don’t make an elephant, replicating small solutions won’t solve a large problem at scale. For things to work at scale, they need to be designed such that problems get solved – not because of one idea or one ideator, but because it’s easy for diverse actors to come together to solve.
Societal Thinking can help design such systems.