Practical Git: for Absolute Beginners, Learn Git Basics in a practical and efficient manner.
This course is designed for students who never worked with Git. We will focus on Git basics from the very beginning and discover how to apply them. The course contains theoretical lectures followed by practical lessons. Every practical lesson shows the application material from the respective theory.
The course will teach you how to start applying Git from day 1 in a practical manner. The main accent is to familiarize with Git faster and try it out. The following topics will be covered:
– installation and setup;
– explanation what is Git repository, how to clone it, and what is the difference between local and remote repository;
– lifecycle of changes in files;
– commands to analyze made changes and revert them;
– common Git commands for saving and propagating modifications such as commit, push, pull;
– history log;
– what is a Git branch, how to use it and why it is important for teamwork;
– commands merge and rebase for effective collaboration with others;
– conflicts and files and how to resolve them;
– what is the pull request and its benefits;
At the end of this course, students will get all the necessary knowledge about Git and will be able to perform the basic git operations confidently. This course is mainly for beginners in the software development industry and everybody who is curious about git.