Introduction to New Zealand Electricity Market, Course covers the basics of New Zealand Electricity market: Structure, Market Players, Spot, Futures, Gas, Emissions.
What you”ll learn:
- Introduction to New Zealand Electricity Market
- Major Market Bodies controlling the New Zealand Electricity Market
- Market Players: Generators and Retailers in the New Zealand
- How the New Zealand Electricity Spot Market works
- How the New Zealand Electricity Futures market works and different contract types
- Types of Customers and how retailers prices in the New Zealand electricity market
- Overview of New Zealand Gas Industry, production and current state of gas
- What is Tiwai Smelter in New Zealand and wht its important
- New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme overview and emissions targets
This course covers the basics of New Zealand electricity market. We begin by explaining the overall market structure, generators, retailers and networks in the market. The course digs deep into the different market bodies like Transpower, Electricity Authority, MBIE and role of Commerce Commision.
Course covers the major market players (generators and retailers) in the market share, their portfolio and performance.
This course cover in detail about how the spot market works and drivers of spot market.
We will explore the spot market portal for NZ and how pricing is set.
We will look into the hydro generation in New Zealand how hydro generation impacts prices. Also, look into the drivers for hydro generation and impact on prices.
We then dive into the details of retail electricity pricing for procurement purposes. The course covers in details how the electricity futures market works and drivers of futures markets. We will look into the details of the future market contracts and how large energy users are priced.
The course also provides an overview into the New Zealand gas market and how dies it impact the electricity sector and pricing.
The course covers the details of Tiwai smelter in New Zealand and how the smelter has impacted pricing in the country.
The course covers the New Zealand emissions trading scheme and what are the current emissions targets for the country.
** Please let me know if you would like to see additional topics and I can add them in the course**