How to Create an Online Course: The Official Udemy Course, Use our recommended best practices to plan, produce, and publish a well-designed, high quality Udemy course.
You’ve signed up or are interested in signing up to become a Udemy instructor
You have an idea of the course topic you’re interested in teaching
You’re passionate and excited about sharing your knowledge with others
What you”ll learn:
- How to create an online course using Udemy’s recommended course creation process
- How to access and use tools and resources available to you as an Udemy instructor
- Use the Marketplace Insights tool to identify in-demand topics to validate or refine your course topic
- Learn how to define your ideal learners for your course
- Determine and write clear learning objectives
- Create practical activities and assessments to drive an engaging and high-quality course
- Create a well-structured course outline
- Produce your course content following best practices for recording and editing your videos
- Write a compelling course landing page that attracts the right learners to your course
- Launch your course successfully
- Use your instructor dashboard to manage and evolve your course, and to grow your audience on Udemy
Are you excited about creating a course with Udemy, but not sure where to get started? Do you want to make sure the course you create will appeal to students? Then you’re in the right place.
Introducing, the official Udemy course about how to create an online course
In this official course we will guide you through the recommended course creation process and share best practices in teaching and instructional design, as well as resources you can use to help you plan, produce, and publish your own course. Creating a course is a journey, but you don’t have to go it alone! We’re here to guide you throughout your journey.
Learn from one of our learning design experts who has partnered with hundreds of instructors to create high-quality courses on Udemy, who will walk you through the steps in the course creation process along with experienced instructors who will share tips for building an impactful online learning experience on Udemy.
Bookmark this now, reference it later
We will share a lot of helpful information and resources throughout this course. Bookmark it so that you can refer back to it as needed while you’re on your own instructor journey.
Learn how to create a course in 90 minutes
During this 90-minute course, our information-packed lectures will give you the insight and tools to make the course creation process as smooth as possible for you so that you’re confident in delivering a high-quality online course that students will love. We’ll also include practice activities for hands-on learning which you can apply directly to the course you’re creating.
Get step-by-step guidance
By the end of the course, you’ll be ready to get started creating your course – and have a solid understanding of the steps required to create an online course.
Plan your content
- Use the Udemy Marketplace Insights tool to choose the best course topic
- Define who you’re creating this course for, what your students will achieve upon completion, and how they’ll learn it by planning learning activities and assessments
- Create a course outline to plan the structure of your course
- Write your course script to get you prepared to record your course
Produce your course
- Create your course videos, resources, and activities following best practices for delivering value to your learners
- Get tips from pro instructors about speaking on camera and setting up your recording space
- Receive personalized feedback on your audio, video, and delivery with our Test Video Review service
- Edit your videos to be polished and professional
Publish your course
- Upload your videos and content onto Udemy
- Create an optimized course landing page that will make your course more searchable for learners on Udemy and on external search engines
- Review the instructor verification process and the course approval process
Promote your course and more!
- Jumpstart your marketing efforts to drive student enrollments to drive ratings and reviews early on
- Leverage your instructor dashboard to manage your course and engage with your learners
Thank you to these Udemy instructors for sharing their best practices:
- Ceci Mansilla
- Deborah Grayson Riegel
- Federico Garay
- Jason Dion
- Johannes Ruof
- Laura Pickel
- Timothy Meixner
Ready to embark on your instructor journey? Let’s get started!