Equity Derivatives & Derivatives Market for Beginners, Learn about the Derivative market and understand the forward contracts, futures contracts, options, swaps etc.
what you”ll learn:
Basics of Derivatives
Introduction to Forwards and Futures
Introduction to Options
Option Trading Strategies
- Introduction to Trading Systems & Clearing
The course discusses about the Derivative market and understanding the forward contracts, futures contracts, options, swaps. It also emphasizes on the execution of options strategies. These tutorials will help you kick start your career in this exciting market.
The training includes the following modules:
Chapter 1: Basics of Derivatives – Here we understand the Derivatives Market – History & Evolution, Indian Derivatives Market, Market Participants, Types of Derivatives Market, Significance of Derivatives and Various risks faced by the participants in derivatives.
Chapter 2: Understanding Index – In this modules we will understand the significance of Index, Types of Stock Market Indices, Attributes of an Index, Index management, Major Indices in India and Application of Indices.
Chapter 3: Introduction to Forwards and Futures – Learning about forward and futures Contracts we will see pay off Charts for Futures contract, Futures pricing, Commodity, Equity & Index Futures and Uses of futures.
Chapter 4: Introduction to Options- Under options we look at the Basics of options, pay off charts for options, basics of option pricing and option greeks and uses of options.
Chapter 5: Option Trading Strategies- Here we look at the Option Spreads, Straddle, Strangle, Covered Call, Protective Put, Collar and Butterfly Spread.
Chapter 6: Introduction to Trading Systems & Clearing and Settlement System & Regulatory Environment surrounding Equity Derivatives
- New entrant in the Derivative market and gain general Derivatives knowledge
- Students pursuing Degree, Diploma, Engineering and commerce who want to make a career in finance/Derivatives trading
- MBA in Finance, BBA in Finance
you will be learning about derivatives forward commitments, derivatives types, forwards characteristics, forwards equity contracts, LIBOR, FRA’s, currency forward contracts, futures margin, stock futures investment strategies, stock futures vs traditional stocks, and many more concepts of derivatives.
- Understand what Derivatives are and how this market works.
- In depth learn the types of Derivative instruments
- Comprehensive understanding of the Options contract and the strategies involved.
- To design alternative derivatives-Options strategies that would be appropriate for different situations and describe the advantages and disadvantages of each.