The Comprehensive SQL Course, A bootcamp designed to help you master SQL and work with databases like Oracle, MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
Want to learn one of the most in-demand skills in the business and technology sector?
Then this course is for you!
SQL skills are highly marketable everywhere, especially in companies like Netflix, Facebook, Amazon, Google… the list goes on and on… The simple fact is that if you want to do any work involving data, then the chances are that you need to know SQL!
This course has been designed for:
- Individuals with no prior experience in SQL and looking to make that step to develop their skills in this highly sought after programming language
- Those with some experience looking to brush up on their SQL knowledge
No downloads or software installation required! We will be using Oracle APEX which is a web-based application – you will be set up with your own virtual database hosted on the cloud! Although we will be using Oracle APEX the course has been designed to highlight key differences between some of the main Database Management Systems such as MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server, so what you learn in this course can be applied across all platforms supporting SQL.
The lectures in this course are arranged into short, bite-sized chunks. The course is designed to be comprehensive, but also concise in order to make the learning experience as easy as possible. Every technical section of the course will be rounded off with quizzes / assignments and give you an opportunity to develop your practical skills.
The course will provide students with an extensive Question Bank section which is full of questions and walkthroughs designed to emulate real world scenarios and combine together all of the different SQL clauses, operations and commands taught in this course!
In this course you will learn about:
- Data Definition Language Commands such as CREATE, DROP, TRUNCATE, ALTER and RENAME
- Data Query Language Commands using the SELECT statement
- Data Manipulation Commands such as INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE
- Data Control Language Commands such as GRANT and REVOKE
- Transaction Control Language commands such as COMMIT and ROLLBACK
- Data Types
- Qualifying Column Names
- Aliasing Columns and Tables
- Row Level Functions
- Aggregation Functions
- The Where Clause
- The Group By and Having Clauses
- The Order By Clause
- Single Table and Multiple Table Joins
- SET Operators
- Database Constraints
- Relational Databases and Data Model Design including STAR and SNOWFLAKE Schemas