Get started with GIS & Remote Sensing in QGIS #Beginners, Get an overview and learn basics of GIS, QGIS and Remote Sensing with open data & tools (QGIS and Google Earth Engine).
This course provides an introduction to GIS (geographic information systems) and Remote Sensing for spatial analysis with the emphasis on open source software available for free as well as free spatial data portals that offer a possibility to get started with the GIS, Remote Sensing, and spatial data analysis. This spatial analysis introductory course will provide you with an understanding of the GIS system and Remote Sensing in a very short time. By the end of the course, you will feel confident and completely understand the GIS and Remote Sensing technology and where get GIS software geodata to make maps.
This course will prepare the students for the basics of using GIS and Remote Sensing with open source and absolutely free software tools. We will go over various industries where GIS and Remote Sensing can be used including agriculture, geology, mining, hydrology, forestry, environmental, and many more! We will talk about the main GIS components and stages of GIS analysis. I will explain your desktop computer requirements needed to start working with GIS. We will talk about different geodata types. Finally, I will also equip you with the knowledge of different geospatial software tools available and GIS data portals where you can download your spatial maps and data for free.
As a BONUS lecture, I provide you a half an hour step-by-step video training on how to quickly create a land cover/ land use map on the cloud with Google Earth Engine using Machine Learning algorithms without any prior knowledge.
In this course, I include downloadable practical materials that will teach you:
– Understand the fundamentals of GIS and Remote Sensing
– Learn a variety of open FREE data sources and GIS % Remote Sensing software for conduction geospatial analysis
– How to install open source GIS software on your computer and correctly configure it
– QGIS software interface including its main components and plug-ins
– Learn how to prepare your first GIS map using open-source tools in QGIS
– Learn how to create a land use/land cover map using Google Earth Engine