Contented Career Mom
Contented Career Mom, A 30 day “return to work” countdown plan for a calm and confident transition from maternity leave to working mother.
Are you a mother on maternity leave who is feeling anxious about returning to work – wishing you could be focused on enjoying this time with your baby?
Wouldn’t it be amazing to breeze through your final weeks of maternity leave, relaxing and enjoying time with your baby, whilst confident that you already have a practical plan in place to prepare everything for your successful return to work! Let me show you how…
I’ll take the guesswork out of how to tackle the transition, by teaching you my proven 30-day return to work method: leaving you feeling calmer, more confident and in control – as well as freeing up plenty of time for you to enjoy your final weeks of maternity leave.
- If you are spending the 3am baby feeds feeling anxious or overwhelmed about returning to work,
- And you don’t really know where to start with preparing your home, your family or your self for the transition,
- And you wish someone would just hand you a proven plan of how to do this successfully, so you can go back enjoying this time with your baby…
then this course was made for you!
Having lived through the highs and lows of maternity leave, I remember all too well that feeling of time seeping away. There were months left. Then weeks. And then, finally, I was on the last few days. The burden of leaving my baby hung so heavy about my shoulders, tightened my throat and weighed on my heart. I was projected back to anxious feelings of early pregnancy as nerves – and nausea once again took its grip.
Looking down at your baby, you may not feel either of you are ready. Perhaps you don’t feel really ready to leave your baby with strangers- or even with family. Perhaps you are worried about where you will find the energy to work full – or part – time… or how you will ever manage to get up in time for your commuter train if you have been up most of the night with your baby. Perhaps you are questioning how you will both survive on just a few hours together a day, when you are so used to uninterrupted days and nights together.
If you find any time to really consider your work, you may be contemplating how you’ll manage to pick up your career where you left off – when you can hardly remember where you left the house keys. How will you go on to achieve anything at all in the workplace – in a career you once loved – especially when it felt like your brain has literally. Sound familiar? You are not alone!
So – what if…
- you could spend more time in our final weeks of maternity leave focusing on enjoying time with your baby and less time worrying about the return to work?
- you had access to someone who had been through this all before as well as coaching coached other mothers, like yourself, in successfully returning to work – and who knows what you need to do – and can help you break everything down – into manageable daily tasks?
- you could stop feeling overwhelmed and didn’t have to worry about working out what needs to be planned – and, instead could just take action?
- you were handed a ready prepared checklist of actions to take and in the order to take them – so you kick off the most important tasks first and have time for more fun and relaxation closer to your return date?
- you could understand each day’s task in just a short, clear video – which you can still listen to even if you have your hands full with your baby?
- you knew the actions to take to make this a smooth transition at work, at home, for your baby and family – and for yourself?
- you could just spend your final day of maternity leave relaxing with your baby because everything is already under control and perfectly planned for your return to work?
- You could walk into work on your first day back feeling calmer, more in control, more confident and more contented than do you now about the end of maternity leave?
Feeling calm, in control, confident and contented is within your grasp throughout this transition. Let the Contented CareerMom show you how!
Hello, I’m Rebecca, the founder of CareerMom!
I’m a solo mother to two little girls, a life coach and a corporate management consultant with two decades of experience in solving large, complex problems for organisations around the world.
During this time, I have learned that there is no greater challenge, nor steeper learning curve, than successfully balancing family life with young children and a fulfilling career. And how you transition into that life really matters!
In my case, as my return-to-work date loomed during my first maternity leave, I was surprised (and horrified) to discover how little practical guidance was available to help me prepare mentally, physically and logistically for this huge change.
I scoured the Internet for a countdown guide or checklist, but only found basic suggestions such as “Be confident!”.
I felt exasperated:
- “But HOW? WHAT should I be doing to make myself feel more confident?
- I don’t know if I can still do my job, or how I am going to balance everything!
- My hair is falling out, my body will never be the same and I don’t fit into any of my old work clothes. Or shoes, for that matter.
- How am I meant to even try to feel confident when I don’t know where to start?!”
So, I had to work it out for myself.
I researched what worked, took extensive notes about managing every aspect of the return to work: the commute, childcare logistics and work-life balance whilst monitoring my stress levels and working out how to ensure I was still taken seriously as a professional career woman in a global corporate organisation. I took advice from many brilliant women who had navigated the return before me.
A year later I found myself on maternity leave for a second time and – and to my my surprise I also had to file for divorce which meant my method went under some serious stress testing as I also adjusted to becoming a solo mother to two children under three and returning to a full time corporate career. As such I took the opportunity to turn my research and copious notes into an the comprehensive action plan that I wished I’d had access to the first time around!
Now I want to share my methods and framework with other working mothers and help smooth your own transition back to work.
I am so excited to be joining you on this path and want you to walk into work on Day 1 feeling calmer, more confident and ready to rock it as a CareerMom.
I am so excited to share my self paced course Contented CareerMom: 30 day countdown plan for a calm and confident transition from maternity leave to working mother with you!
I have personally designed this membership to help mothers like you to enjoy their maternity leave up to the last moment, whilst feeling more prepared and in control as they move to the next chapter.
My focus is to take out the guesswork, banish overwhelm & help you take small steps each day to prepare you and your family for your return to work Step by Step – in just a few minutes a day.
You will get:
Structured, daily planning
A done-for-you 30 day countdown framework of the tasks you need to undertake to feel ready to transition back to work – covering changes at home, work, for your baby and, critically for yourself and your own CareerMom identity.
This course has been created by a mother who is a corporate management consultant, life coach and return-to-work mentor who has twenty years of experience in researching and solving complex problems for organisations around the world. She has two small daughters and has successfully been through this CareerMom transition process twice. She is now sharing her methods for calm, confidence with you as she who wants you to have an easier return to work than she did. And so has created the framework for to successfully planning your return to work – and feeling perfectly prepared for Day 1 in just a few minutes a day!Â
Self paced – so if you don’t have 30 days until your return, you can still benefit from the course
Whether you are a few months from returning or suddenly realising you need to plan to go back next week – the format of this course enables you to consume the practical step by step guide by audio or video – and will have you feeling calmer and more in control within a couple of days.
Made with mothers in mind
Easy to consume, short and focused video content – so you can still continue with the course even when you have your hands full with your baby!
You will get access to:
- The Contented CareerMom 30 day course with over thirty bite sized, video modules which will explain what you need to be doing each day of your last few works of maternity leave.
- A workbook of the slides to help track your progress.
- An audio Return to Work Success – How to have a better day visualisation to help build your confidence and enthusiasm for returning to work.
What are others saying about Contented CareerMom?
“Oh how I wish I had this resource available to me when I returned to work from my two maternity leaves! It is such a blessing to moms who are embarking on this very trying time in their lives. There are a lot of emotions swirling around and Rebecca has done such a lovely job of demystifying all of the considerations for moms as they return to work and prepare to leave their child after a maternity leave and she has delivered these messages in such a calm and concise way.
I think this course should be mandatory for every mom planning on returning to work after spending a maternity leave with their child.” Katy
“This is a fantastic course for any parent transitioning from mat leave back to work. The information is presented in such a way that you can take it at your own pace and create a well planned foundation for your return to work and your child’s transition into daycare.” LauraAnn
- Do I need a full 30 days before I return to work to complete the course?
Absolutely not – this has been designed as a self paced course – and although 30 days is optimal, if you are a few days away from returning to work and need to get organised fast, you can watch the modules within a couple of hours and then you’ll need to prioritise the most important actions for your circumstances.
- Is this course intended for mothers in a particular country – who have certain maternity leave laws or policies?
This course was developed in the United Kingdom – but has been designed to be broad enough so that the concepts can apply irrespective of the country you are based in, with the fact that countries have vastly different approaches to maternity leave in mind. The content does not cover local laws or policies and instead is focused on maximising the impact of those things that you do have in your control wherever you are living such as: successful return to work planning, organisation and mindset. Individuals can follow the course as presented – or can prioritise and flex their approach to consuming modules and implementing the guidance within their country and culture, as appropriate.
- I struggle with sticking to anything I have tried before, will this help me?
Yes! This is designed to help you be able to listen to the short daily modules on audio or video.
Are you ready to take control and transform into a calm, confident and contented CareerMom? Great – let’s get started!
Here’s to your success!